Reward, Retain and Attract Loyal Employees
This established roofing company frequently dealt with the issue of inconsistent employees.
Some staff were the best employees you could imagine. Hard-working, never complaining, rarely late, and always able to find a way to get the job done.
Others just couldn’t hack it. Suddenly they were afraid of heights, the work was too hard, or they were just there for a quick paycheck before they moved to the next town.
The disparity in staff was getting in the way of this companies success.
The owners knew if they could find a way to retain and attract their ideal employees, their companies future was bright.
After discussing internally and with their employees they soon realized a benefit plan could be part of their solution.
The challenges this roofing company faced were consistent with other roofing companies and companies in similar industries:
- They are in an industry that can have a lot of unexpected challenges that affect the bottom line (i.e. weather, supply costs, etc.) so whatever they provided needed to be cost-effective.
- In addition, they were not prepared to deal with large and unexpected cost increases, the benefits costs had to be sustainable.
- They only wanted to provide quality employee benefits to the quality of loyal staff, they didn’t want to over-invest.
How NextGen Benefits Helped Them:
Doing right by this client meant following couple adages that the NextGen team lives by: do more with less, keep it simple, and no surprises.
Here’s how we helped:
- Did more with less. By focusing only on the benefits that mattered, removing the fat from benefits, we established a plan in their budget that the employees and their families highly valued.
- Implemented the proven and workable controls and protection to eliminate the risk for major increases and ensure employees and their families are well protected.
- NextGen Benefit advisors designed the program so only employees with proven and reliable track records would qualify for benefits, eliminating the risk of overcompensating poor performers.